1) BUF @ HOU Under 44 (-110)I felt a lot better about this bet after it was announced that Will Fuller would sit. This never felt in doubt throughout the game, and once the game went to overtime at 19-19, this bet was secured. It looks like Will Fuller will be back next week, so Texans/Chiefs could be a nice over.
2) BUF @ HOU Over 38.5, NE +1 vs. TEN (-110)The Bills game hit the sweet spot and both the over and under in this case hit for me. Unfortunately, the Patriots couldn’t pull out the win, and this could signal the end of the Patriots dynasty as well. A late chance to win resulted in a pick-six for the Titans and the game was over. It was a pleasure riding the Patriots through laying double digit points early in the season, and I hope that Brady comes back for another year. Hopefully the Pats can get a competent running back. That being said, I’ve never seen the NFL community so united in celebration for a result before this Pats loss.
Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry may have played themselves into sizable contracts, and will be a hot pick going into next year.
3) MIN @ NO Over 49.5 (-110)The game started off slow with Brees getting pressured from the start. This game became very defense oriented, with both offenses struggling to maintain drives. The Vikings were able to get enough chunk plays with their run game and Adam Thielen made up for his early fumble with several clutch conversions throughout the game. The early FGs (both made and missed) were bad omens for this bet, and it ultimately lost. Lesson here is to not underestimate defenses with rest. The Saints will likely be lamenting the officiating and calls once again after this loss.
4) Drew Brees Over 2.5 TDs (+125)This (and the following bet) were made with the game-script of a shootout in mind. When that didn’t come to fruition, and whatever TDs the Saints did score come via rushing killed the hopes of this bet from early on.
5) Drew Brees Over 350.5 Passing Yards (+250)The Vikings secondary seemed a bit suspect coming into this game, and the passing attack was efficient at home for the Saints as of late. Unfortunately, the Saints went with a more run-centric attack, resulting in a different game-script than expected, and the longest pass play of the game was thrown by Taysom Hill rather than Brees, sinking this one. It feels to me like The Saints played the Vikings game for some reason, rather than allowing Brees to air it out.
6) SEA -1.5 @ PHI (-115)It wasn’t too pretty, but the Seahawks were able to produce just enough to beat an Eagles team and their backup QB. This was a great win that also hit the 2 bets below, but I’d be pretty worried if I was a Seahawks fan. The offense was able to produce just 17 points against a very depleted secondary, but showed flashes of what could make their offense dynamic with Wilson runs and deep shots (which have always been Seattle’s trump card in the Carroll era). The upcoming Packers/Seahawks matchup is going to be a very hard one to call given both teams’ lack of consistentency.
7) Russell Wilson Longest Pass Completion Over 40.5 Yards (+100)Wilson was able to connect with DK Metcalf for a 53 yard touchdown completion. This was fortunate as the next longest pass was a 38 yard pass to Moore earlier in the game. I really like this bet for the Seahawks as it plays very well to their offense. I’ll take some Wilson wizardry at least once in each game, and this occurrence is fairly agnostic of game script as well. This may be a bet to take again next week.
8) Russell Wilson Over 21.5 Rushing Yards (-120)The game kicked off with a 22 yard Wilson rush, which only gave some concern if there was no other rushing but some kneels to close out the game. In the end, there was several other rush attempts for Wilson, and this trend may continue given the poor production from Homer and Lynch. Some of this is due to Fletcher Cox on the Eagles, but at the same time, those aren’t very inspiring names in terms of RBs in 2019. My only regret was not taking (in addition or in lieu of this bet) Wilson over 30.5 rushing yards at +170. I’m interested to see how this line will be adjusted in next weeks props.