1) JAX +7.5 vs. HOU, CAR +2 vs. TEN (-110)
- Don’t bet on London games.
- A Jags rookie QB in a season-defining game is a recipe for disaster.
- Watson is Wilson levels of miraculous.
- The Panthers are good against bad teams.
Verdict: Don’t trust the Jaguars, Panthers seem predictable.
2) IND +1 @ PIT (-110)
- Vinateri’s struggles directly impacted this one as a missed XP and a missed (most likely) game-winning 40-yd fg miss costed the push and the win.
- Hoyer is not Brissett. Can’t predict injuries.
- T.Y. was known, but Campbell seemed to be fitting in well-enough with Brissett prior to the injury.
Verdict: The Colts are very well coached. Will continue to take them against bad teams if Brissett is healthy.
3) IND +7 @ PIT, SEA 0 vs. TB (-110)
- The tease was more for the Seahawks, but ended up being needed for the Colts.
- The Bucs tend to score high and fast, but then lose in Charger-esque fashion. This combined with the Seahawks odd regular season habit of playing down to opponents necessitated the tease.
Verdict: Seemed safe, but the Seahawks did their best to lose.
4) CLE -4 @ DEN (-110)
Verdict: Don’t trust the Browns. You’d think that defense could take advantage of a backup QB in the midst of a lost season.
5) GB +2.5 @ LAC, NE +2.5 @ BAL (-110)
- While this was only an away game in name only for the Packers, they started in unexpectedly sloppy fashion.
- The Chargers seemed reinvigorated rather than lost after firing Whisenhunt.
- Overreactions to Pats defense being overrated acoming.
Verdict: The Pats will undoubtedly beat the Ravens in the playoffs. The Chargers are more of a wild card than ever.
6) NE +2.5 @ BAL, DAL -1 @ NYG (-110)
Verdict: Rode the Pats one week too long. Cowboys sloppy in primetime.