1) MIA@BUF Under 45, OAK +12 @ GB (-110)
- Two bad teams can either result in a low scoring dumpster fire or a high scoring dumpster fire. In this case it was the latter.
- The Raiders fumbled on the one and the rest was history.
Verdict: The over under feels okay, but the Raiders aren’t as easy to read (or maybe Green Bay’s offense is clicking.
2) HOU @ IND Over 47 (-115)
- This one felt right from the start. A good coach off bye and a good Texans team dealing with some fatigue. In any case the over felt right.
- Good offenses and average at best defenses was the perfect formula.
Verdict: Do what feels right, trust good coaches off bye.
3) LAR -3 @ ATL, HOU @ IND -1 (+264)
- Colts off bye and only laying a point seemed like a joke.
- The Falcons are very bad.
Verdict: These lines felt soft from the beginning.
4) SF -3.5 @ WAS, NE -3.5 @ NYJ (-110)
- Bet on good teams against bad teams.
- Teaser was almost too safe, but needed to cover against the weather in Washington.
Verdict: Don’t get greedy and win the bet.